onsdag 15. januar 2014

Dry embossing - a Christmas card and a video tutorial

Today we are going through different embossing  techniques at StampARTic. I made this winter card, using a dry embossing technique  on kraft paper.


I have made a winter card. This is quite an easy card. Papers are from Panduro. The Ribbon is an old Ribbon from Martha Stewart, from Hobbykunst. The roses are Mathia roses, also from Hobbykunst. The diecut "Winter Wishes" is a free cutting file from Bird Cards. Te diecut leaves is a Silhouette file.



I have used dry embossing to create the effect in the Kraft paper. I used a - Sizzix - Tim Holtz Alterations - Diamond Plate Embossing Folder. I also distressed the raised pattern with distress ink, to create an extra effect in the pattern.



Crafting and card making is often quite expensive, because a lot of tools are required. In the beginning it is difficult to invest in everything. For years I embossed with embossing folders and a rolling pin. This works fine for small embossing jobs. I have added a video to show you how.



This is also my first video out on you-tube, and in my You-tube channel :)



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...