mandag 31. mars 2014

Steampunk Easter egg

I was going to make an Easter egg for a friend. I wanted to make different egg, and therefore I made a Steampunk egg.


This started out as a normal paper mache Easter egg. I mounted it on a stand, fixing each side of the stand to each side of the egg. Half of the egg was covered with embossed metal tape, and the other half was covered with gesso. The structure was added to the gesso before it dried. Then the gesso was painted black and golden Meta Mica was added for effect.


The wings is my own design. They have been cut with a Silhouette and embossed.



The hooks has been designed and cut with the silhouette. Several layers of paper hooks has been glued together to create the strength needed.


The egg opens with the opening vertical. The inside of the egg has been covered with papers from 
Graphic 45 -Botanical Tea Collection - Birds of a Feather


I am entering these challenges:




16 kommentarer:

  1. Fabulous, I love your project and such a wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    SvarSlett
  2. I love this very creative project. I love your steampunk egg. The result is stunning. Thank you for joining us over at Creatalicious. Hugs Nina

    SvarSlett
  3. Awesome egg! Love all the detailing .
    Thanks for sharing on Kraftyhands Challenge Blog

    SvarSlett
  4. Fantastic - this is so original and I love the fact that it opens up. Those wings and the corset effect are fabulous. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    SvarSlett
  5. WAUW you´ve just done it again, and made a new masterpiece Kirsten. This is such a brilliant idea and sooo perfect made and it looks fabulous too.

    SvarSlett
  6. Knalltøft påskeegg :)
    Linda

    SvarSlett
  7. What a wonderful creation. Thank you so much for reading the Easter bit on the challenge title with us over at MSC this time. Love all the photos too.
    Sue

    SvarSlett
  8. Amazing piece of work and so unique, it's fabulous! Thank you for sharing and for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog... :)

    SvarSlett
  9. Fabulous! Thank you for sharing it in the Kraftyhands Challenge.
    Sylvia x

    SvarSlett
  10. Great project! Very creative. Thanks for joining us at www.7kidscollegefund.com.

    Karen

    SvarSlett
  11. Hei Kirsten, og takk for sist!:))
    Wow! For Et tøft påskeegg, dette er du mester på.

    Tusen takk for at du deltar hos oss ihttp://mybestienorge.blogspot.no/, og lykke til!:))

    Mvhhttp://idaskort.blogspot.no/
    Dt hos My Besties Norge

    SvarSlett
  12. What a gorgeous creation! Steampunk is one of my favorite theme! Your egg has left me speechless for its originality! The wings and corset closure are really wonderful details! I love much also the way that you've embossed all the surface! Thank you so much for joining us this week on Simon SAys Stamo Monday CHallenge! BArbarayaya

    SvarSlett
  13. WOW! An awesom project! Thanks for sharing with us at Krafyhands!
    Mandy x (KH DT)

    SvarSlett
  14. You are an artist after my own heart! I need this egg in my house! As a big fan of all things Steampunk, I am drooling right now. Thanks for sharing your fabulous creation with us at My Sheri Crafts.

    SvarSlett
  15. what a great creation, so unusual thanks for joining us at SCH
    hugs

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...