lørdag 12. juli 2014

A Prima lighthouse miniature in a Bell Jar

A few weeks ago, friend Gunn-Eirill, challenged me to make her lighthouse. If is not often I make something from a template, a cutting file or after instructions, so this was a challenge.

 I decided to make the lighthouse as it was, but make it as a miniature under a glass bell, that I got from a jumble sale. I also wanted to add a few things to it - to make my own version.


 

I made the lighthouse 7cm tall (without the base, and the black cliff).


The first thing I did, was to create a modell to se if it was possible to cut Gunn-Eirill's lighthouse as small as 7cm. I have a saying: "Everything can be made" So I was not going to give up. After working with the silhouette file cutting the lighthouse - it was time to test if it was possible to put together. And yes - it was possible. To create something that was my own version - I wanted to make a small sea and a cliff for the lighthouse to stand on. 


I also wanted to only use Prima papers for the lighthouse and the base. The papers are from different collections from this and last year. (Seashore collection, Cartographer selection, Stationer's Desk Collection and Something Blue Collection). I only wanted to use paper for the creation - and everything handmade.


I also created fences and terraces to go around the lighthouse and the cliff. The waves is my own cutting file - and I have scaled it down as much as possible with the silhouette.


To create the Seagulls, I traces a photo of a seagull - edited the wings, and made them 3D. They have been glued to a pice of thin clear strip of acetate to give the impression of flying.






The lighthouse is made to fit inside a bell jar. 

 

The bell jar was originally bought at a Jumble sale - and was bought to create something out of.




Any lighthouse should have working lights in them. This house is so small, that the only possibility for working lights, was to mount led lights in it. I mounted a switch on the side of the base, to turn the lights on and of.





I hope you enjoyed this. 




I am entering these challenges:

36 kommentarer:

  1. Fantastisk nydelig! Du er så utrolig dyktig Kirsten! Bøyer meg i støvet!!!

    SvarSlett
  2. Fantastisk flott, helt nydelig, så dyktig du er.

    SvarSlett
  3. Hold da helt ferie, hvor er det bare flot Kirsten. Du er da simpelthen bare genial, når det gælder om at opfinde 3D ting, og det her er helt overmåde genialt. Jeg er helt solgt med dit projekt her, super flot og lækkert arbejde. WAUW.

    SvarSlett
  4. This is BEYOND amazing! Thank you for participating over at "Open-minded Crafting FUN!", Hope to see you again soon. Melanie, DT

    SvarSlett
  5. Wow!! This is BEYOND Gorgeous!!! I saw it all over while I was entering some challenges. Wow!! Absolutely gorgeous!! So much work you put into this. I love the added light too. Just stunning!! Wow!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    SvarSlett
  6. This is wonderful. Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 37 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    SvarSlett
  7. Jeg er så imponert over hva du får til. Utrolig flott altså. Klem, Lene

    SvarSlett
  8. Totally stunning. I would say you rocked your friends challenge. :) It's magic!
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    SvarSlett
  9. Now that is truly a work of art. That took some time I'm sure but boy I bet when you were finished you were so proud. I have never seen paper crafting to this extent. Quite spectacular. Thanks for showing us your project at Open-Minded Crafting. We'd love to see more!

    SvarSlett
  10. For ett talent du har Kirsten! Så vakker papir kreasjon med så mange fine detaljer som eksempel lyset i lighthouse ,måkene og båten. I love it :)
    Hilsen DT Vibekke Scrappe garasjen utfordringen nr 1.

    SvarSlett
  11. WOW! Amazing project, congratulations on such a beautifully crafted lighthouse, thanks for joining us this fortnight at Open Minded Callenges

    SvarSlett
  12. What an awesome project! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    SvarSlett
  13. Wow this is fantastic love it, great project well done. Thanks so much for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    SvarSlett
  14. Wow, that is just beautiful Kirsten, I am yet to try a 3d project, but think i might just give it a go, thanks for the inspiration.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun.
    Julie DT

    SvarSlett
  15. An amazing piece of artwork Kirsten and just perfect for this weeks Allsorts theme, thank so much for joining in.

    B x

    SvarSlett
  16. Jeg er måløs, så utrolig flott!
    Jeg elsker jo alt som er maritimt, så dette fyret gikk rett hjem hos meg!
    Tusen takk for at du deltar på Papirlosjens aller første utfordring!
    Håper å se deg igjen neste gang.
    Smil fra DT Ane Lene.

    SvarSlett
  17. Omg….. Dette var lekkert pirke arbeid!
    Så masse nydlige detaljer.
    Takk for at du deltar på scrappegarasjens første utfordring!

    SvarSlett
  18. WOW bare helt fantastisk. Helt målløs over alle de flotte detaljene! Gøy at du tok utfordringen hos Scrappegarasjen!

    SvarSlett
  19. Wow. Finner nesten ikke ord for dette kunstverket.
    Føyer meg inn etter alle de andre fine ordene om det du har laget og sier meg enig.

    Takk for at du deltar hos Hobbygarasjen. DT Jorunn Elin

    SvarSlett
  20. Gorgeous Design...just perfect for our challenge over at Suzy Bee's, I do hope you will join us again next week for another fun challenge..
    Hugs
    Suzy B (Owner)
    XX

    SvarSlett
  21. Helledussan! Får et arbeid! Veldig lekkert, så gjennomført og massse flotte detaljer.
    Takk for at du deltar på scrappegarasjens 1 utfording!
    Marit

    SvarSlett
  22. Wow! Så lekkert!
    :) Karen Elise

    SvarSlett
  23. I'm in complete awe of this amazing lighthouse!! It is fabulous!! Thank you for playing along in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs, Rosie

    SvarSlett
  24. WOW dette er jo bare helt fantastisk! Nydelig lite fyr, og så vakkert i glassklokka <3 Tusen takk for at du deler kunstverket ditt med oss i Trykkpressa. Fortsatt riktig god sommer!

    SvarSlett
  25. Unbelievable!!!!! I am amazed!!! Thanks for sharing with us at www.7kidscollegefund.com!!!

    SvarSlett
  26. Wow I had to pick up my jaw from the floor! This is totally GORGEOUS! just love what you have done for this. What a clever decoration.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    SvarSlett
  27. Amazing! Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

    SvarSlett
  28. Helt fantastisk vakkert! Søkkimponert over hva som er mulig å få til. Takk for at du deltar i utfordringen til Papirlosjen. God sommer fra DT Agneta

    SvarSlett
  29. Eg digger det orginale fyret,men blir no kanonimponert over dette lille kunstverket ditt.E så mange detaljer som en bare må nyte ;)Tusen takk for din deltagelse i Papirlosjen.Hilsen DT Belinda

    SvarSlett
  30. I saw this on another challenge & I just had to come and see your creation! AMAZING!! I am SO impressed with your ability, I joined your blog. Your talent inspires me :)

    SvarSlett
  31. what?!? Hæ? How is this possible?!
    Dette var heeelt rått!
    Tusen takk for at du deltar hos oss i Papirlosjen!

    Klem og klem fra Kreatyra. :)

    SvarSlett
  32. wow amazing project and love all the details.Thank you for joining us at Crafting at the Weekend
    Carol DT x

    SvarSlett
  33. OMG!! I can't believe how amazing this is! I've never seen anything like it, great job! It must have taken you forever, just wonderful!

    SvarSlett
  34. Himmel... så flott! Finner nesten ikke ord, er meeeget imponert over hva du klarer å lage av papir Kirsten :) Takk for at du deltar på vår første utfordring i Papirlosjen!
    DT Anita Lise

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...