mandag 15. september 2014

Enjoy the Journey - An Art Journal Venture...

Today, we have a new inspirational post at StampARTic. This time, the design team have created different Art Journals and created backgrounds. I have not made a lot of Art Journal, just because I have struggled to find my own way, creating the journal. Some time ago, I found Finnabair's Family Journal online, and this was entirely my kind of journaling. I like the style, and I also like the fact that there is a theme going on through the Journal. So I got a book, and decided to have a go, but do it my own way.



The photo is one I took in New York this summer. My aim is to use my own photos and add a few good quotes, as well as creating different backgrounds, and testing out new techniques, products and Mixed Media effects, in the Journal.


I have used strips of paper, glued them to the page and covered the page in Gesso. Then, I have added dylusions spray, distress ink and strips and blocks of coloured paper I have also used different kind of metal and stencils.


The doilie has been coloured with distress ink. 



This was the start of my book, and my Art / Mixed Media Journal venture. 


I am entering these challenges:

20 kommentarer:

  1. WAUW hvor er det flot Kirsten, og jeg er bare vild med det citat til slut, det er så sandt, som det er sagt.

    SvarSlett
  2. A lovely layout and the sentiment is perfect and one I need to hear often. Praying you have a happy day filled with smiles and sunshine. Thank you for joining our 149th challenge at Word Art Wednesday.

    Carole Robb Bisson

    SvarSlett
  3. wawwww så super flot ♥

    10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

    knuzzzz ♥

    SvarSlett
  4. Great layout, thanks for joining us at Whoopsi a Daisy xx

    SvarSlett
  5. En flott bakgrunn du har laget for bildet Kirsten :-)
    Og med det sitatet; helt perfekt !!!
    Det er noe som fester seg og får en til å tenke litt.

    Takk for at du deltar hos Card and Scrap og lykke til :-)

    Klem fra DT Astrid

    SvarSlett
  6. Great layout. Thanks for joining us at Divas this week x

    SvarSlett
  7. Awesome page! Thank you for playing in our challenge at www.7kidscollegefund.com.

    SvarSlett
  8. Beautiful! The texture is amazing. Great use of mixed media.(it looks like your a good photographer too!) Thank you for sharing your work with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

    SvarSlett
  9. Så utrolig flott! Digger det!
    Tusen takk for at du deltar på høstutfordringen hos Papirlosjen!
    Håper å se deg igjen neste måned!
    Smil fra DT-Ane Lene

    SvarSlett
  10. nice art journal pages! like the colors, details and photo:0)
    thank you for joining the mixed media challenge at TMC!
    grtz Jolanda

    SvarSlett
  11. I absolutely love this, and your style. Thanks for joining us this week at Whoopsi Daisy Challenges. Julie, DT

    SvarSlett
  12. Thanks for joining our Fall Linky Party this week at Craftin’ Desert Divas.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Craftin’ Desert Diva DT

    SvarSlett
  13. I do hope we get to see more of your Art Journal pages as the beginning is just gorgeous. Love the orange in the background and how it makes the taxi pop, and that's a stunning flower on page two and tones in beautifully with the first page.

    Thanks for sharing in our first ever challenge.

    Lin
    The Mirror Crack'd

    SvarSlett
  14. Great layout and photo! NYC is one of my favourite places :)

    Thank you for joining the Crafting From The Heart challenge, hope to see you again very soon.

    Victoria DT

    SvarSlett
  15. An excellent start to your book! Both pages are beautiful, and I love the quote!

    SvarSlett
  16. Dette var lekkert! Å så herlige farger! Takk for at du blir med i vår utfordringer i Korthobby.no. Klem fra Lisen :-)

    SvarSlett
  17. Wow this is totally gorgeous! Love your book! Thanks for joining us at Dragons Lair Design. xx

    SvarSlett
  18. Lekker oppstart på Art Journalen din, kjempefin bakgrunn, fine farger og dekorering.
    Takk for at du deltar på utfordringen vår i My Besties Norge.

    Sissel

    SvarSlett
  19. Really such a stunning project!
    So glad you shared this with us at Craftin' Desert Diva's!!!!!!!!
    This is really sooooo cool!

    Warmly, Leah (CDD DT)

    SvarSlett
  20. you make some lovely collages thank s for taking part on Dragons lair challenges

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...