torsdag 24. mars 2016

Mixed Media miniature wedding dress with tutorial

Some time ago, I got a bottle of fabric hardener from Deco Line to test out for Hobbykunst. I also got a lot of free Deco Foils and tape to test from Therm-o-web after favcrafts blogger networking event at CHA. I decided to test them both out, and enter the challenge after the blogger event. This came at the same time as Hobbykunst got the new Tales of you and me from Prima, so this collection was also used for the dress, together with lots of Prima flowers. 

I ended up creating a dress. A year ago I created another Prima dress, the Bella Rouge dress, and got a lot of questions about a tutorial for the dress. Therefore I decided to create a different dress, with with several tutorials.





The dress is made from cheesecloth and fabric hardener. (tutorial below) The dress has then been painted and decorated.




The flowers are mostly from Prima.



The letters "together forever" is from a dies from Sizzix - "Tim Holtz - Friend". I have also used Sizzix dies "Mixed media from Tim Holtz". The dies have been used on double sided sticky paper and used with DecoFoil (tutorial below).






I have used lots of bling (of different brands) and brads from Rayher.




At the edges you can see some of the golden DecoFoil. This has been fixed to the dress with glue.






The underskirt has been made of triangles of paper from The tales of you and me collection, sewn together. 






The finished dress




Tutorials:


Creating a dress form:



Creating the dress with 
fabric hardener, cheesecloth and lace






Decorating the dress





Deco Foil with double sided sticker sheets and dies

This was one of my challenges after the blogger event. I got a lot of products in the post, to test out after the event. So I decided to have a go. I had never used foil before, and took it as a challenge.












I am entering two challenges:









3 kommentarer:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...