tirsdag 14. april 2015

Prima Bella Rouge dress

I have been following the CHA shows for a few years, through photos online and from photos taken by some of my friends. It is always exiting to see new trend within the art and crafts. Prima showed Bella Rouge collection during the CHA - Winter 2015. The Bella Rouge collection, gave me the inspiration to create a "Flaminco" dress with lots of ruffles. 

I wanted to create the dress form, the dress and the flowers on the dress from scratch. I created a video tutorial for the dress form and a photo tutorial for the flowers. I also wanted to create the dress, using papers only from The Bella Rouge collection. I have only used some sheets of paper of Prima's - The Archivist-Le Collectionneur - to create the dress form and some swirls and leaves for the dress.



















Creating the dress form:



Dress form tutorial



The process of creating the dress

The dress has taken me about a month to do, in between other crafts, work and classes.


I started creating the under skirt out of normal copy paper. I also added the folded skirt over the top. Then I added a crinoline.


Then I created the ruffles. The ruffles are added onto the crinoline skirt. All the ruffles has to be worked with to make sure they fold the right way. I did this by adding a rectangle or taking away a rectangle in ruffles when needed. The ruffles were taped back together. 


When the ruffles were full of tape, I started over - creating a new ruffle by using the other one as a template. I did this about 5 times with all the 5 ruffles before I was satisfied.


Then, I took of all the skirts and ruffles and used them as templates to create the underskirt....


.....the skirt....


.... and the ruffles. 

I also made a top for the dress. The shawl is created from paper, using two cutting template from Birds cards as a base.




Creating the flowers

All the flowers for this dress are handmade.






I am entering these challenges:




29 kommentarer:

  1. OMG Kirsten I love it send it to me lol Hugs Sandra xx

    SvarSlett
  2. Å dæven, bøyer meg i støvet, den ble bare knallfin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Helt utrolig!

    SvarSlett
  3. Den er bare så vakker, fantastisk flott. Helt utrolig fin.

    SvarSlett
  4. Wow...et lite kunstverk. Du er råflink..og tålmodig...;)

    SvarSlett
  5. Fantastisk flott :)
    Takk for at deltar på KortoManias utfordring.
    Klem Sissel

    SvarSlett
  6. Oh my gosh,this is amazing and absolutely gorgeous.So much beautiful detail.Love the photos of your creative process too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    SvarSlett
  7. Helt nydelig,jeg er imponert IGJEN

    -Helle-

    SvarSlett
  8. My goodness ... this is absolutely spectacular!!! The papers are absolutely perfect for this and how clever to even make your own dress form!! I am gobsmacked ... this is stunning!!! Thank you for sharing the process! x

    SvarSlett
  9. Wowzers and Amazeballs! I can only imagine the process you went through to create this stunning piece. The hours and dedication! Whew! I can't say enough about how gorgeous this is. Wow wow wow. ~Niki

    SvarSlett
  10. Now you are one serious paper crafter! Beautiful project is an understatement . Thank you for sharing those lovely photos too . Thanks for sharing on Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge

    SvarSlett
  11. This is just so stunningly beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing and for the tutorial! Hugs Julie xox

    SvarSlett
  12. Stunning project!! I have never seen anything like it! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund!

    SvarSlett
  13. Wowser what a creation awesome Jacqui DT Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenges

    SvarSlett
  14. Gorgeous and beautiful Kirsten beautiful colour's and fabulous detail thank you for sharing this over at Crafty Catz this week
    Dianne x
    CC DT

    SvarSlett
  15. Great project thanks for joining in the challenge at Whoopśi Daisy good luck x

    SvarSlett
  16. This is so beautiful and different! Great for a Mother's Day gift to someone special

    SvarSlett
  17. Stunning project, beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Bingo' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    SvarSlett
  18. Wow! ♥ Fantastisk kreasjon, ser akkurat ut som en flamenco-kjole! Nydelig farge også! :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo PS: I got blogcandy if u wanna join ;)

    SvarSlett
  19. Helt enestående kreasjon! Rett og slet nydelig. Litt av et arbeid du har lagt ned i denne. Takk for at du deltar i Nordsalten hobbyklubbs utfordring. Klem DT Kristina

    SvarSlett
  20. Oh my goodness, this is incredible!!!! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing this wonderful project with us here at www.7kidscollegefund.com!

    SvarSlett
  21. Love the vintage look and feel to your elegant dress. Great idea using the newspaper for the dress form. Thanks for sharing on the Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge #34 - Recycle Something.

    SvarSlett
  22. A fabulous project!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
    (DT Come and Get It)
    (GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

    SvarSlett
  23. Wow! This is absolutely stunning - so beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week.
    Pauline GDT
    x
    I have Birthday candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    SvarSlett
  24. This Flaminco Dress is a true work of art. The details are amazing! I am so happy that I was able to visit your blog and see this treasure. It's Wonderful! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ~Michelle

    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    SvarSlett
  25. OMG This dress is gorgeous thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Louise x

    SvarSlett
  26. this is amazing and so much work was put into this beautiful dress! thanks for playing along at open-minded crafting fun challenges and hope to see you again soon!

    lovies, =o) kel

    SvarSlett
  27. Kirsten this is just beautiful. What a stunning piece! Love it! Karen.x

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...